Religious Jewelry for the Military
Patron Saints for Religious Military Medals
There are a number of patron saints for all military service branches. Most religious military medals are created with the military insignia for each branch of the service and the front displays a favorite patron saint. The gift of a religious military medal to anyone serving in the armed forces is a thoughtful and reassuring gift. It is a reminder to any military person traveling overseas or stationed away from home that they are loved and prayed for. The religious military medal offers them peace of mind, knowing they are under the protection and guidance of their favorite patron saint.
Military Patron Saint Prayers
When giving friends or relatives a religious military medal, include the patron saint prayer for them to recite in times of distress. The prayer, along with the medal will encourage them and calm their fears.
- St. George - Heroic Catholic soldier and defender of your Faith, you dared to criticize a tyrannical Emperor and were subjected to horrible torture. You could have occupied a high military position but you preferred to die for your Lord. Obtain for us the great grace of heroic Christian courage that should mark soldiers of Christ. Amen
- St. Joan of Arc - O, mighty Lord, I pray that You will be my shield, just as You protected St. Joan of Arc in battle. As I do battle against ignorance, cruelty and injustice, through Your unending love, I pray that You will deliver me from my enemies, and that You will grant me goodness and steadfastness, so that I might lead others to do Your will and glorify Your Name. Through the power of Christ, our Lord. Amen.
- Saint Michael the Archangel - defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
- Guardian Angel - O Angel of Christ, my holy Guardian and Protector of my soul and body, forgive me all my sins of today. Deliver me from all the wiles of the enemy, that I may not anger my God by any sin. Pray for me, sinful and unworthy servant, that thou mayest present me worthy of the kindness and mercy of the All-holy Trinity and the Mother of my Lord Jesus Christ, and of all the Saints. Amen.
- Dear Saint Christopher, protect me today in all my travels along the road's way. Give your warning sign if danger is near so that I may stop while the path is clear. Be at my window and direct me through when the vision blurs From out of the blue. Carry me safely to my destined place, like you carried Christ in your close embrace. Amen.
Religious Military Medals