The Cross as a Symbol
During early Christianity, the cross was not used as a religious icon. It was considered a means of torture and humiliation. The original Christians used a fish symbol as a sign of their belief in Jesus as the Messiah.
Once Christianity became the accepted religion of the Roman Empire under the rule of Constantine, the cross became a symbol of salvation for all Christians. This idea still holds true today. The cross is the most widely worn religious icon in the world. Over two billion Christians wear large cross pendants, small cross necklace, and many forms of ornate or simple crosses as a sign of their devotion to Jesus Christ.
Assorted Designs of Large Cross Jewelry
- † Pectoral Large Cross Pendant – This large cross design uses the pectoral cross design worn by the Pope, and other hierarchy of the Church. It often has imbedded amethyst and garnet gems for a awe inspiring cross of Jesus. It is a large cross, masculine enough for any man to wear, yet so beautiful in its design that women wear it, as well.
- † Byzantine Style Large Gold Cross – This large cross is in the ornate Byzantine design in 14k gold. It displays Jesus Christ crucified on the large cross pendant which is also referred to as a crucifix.
- † Large Celtic Cross – This large cross is in the Celtic design of centuries ago. It is also known as the Gaelic Cross. The circle on the large cross symbolizes eternal life in Heaven with Jesus and the large cross symbolizes the crucifixion of Jesus and His promise of paradise for all those who believe in Him.
Any of these large crosses are ideal as gifts for all Christian men and women. There are many other large cross jewelry designs available in religious stores :
- † large diamond cross pendant
- † large silver cross necklace
- † large white gold cross
- † large sterling silver cross