Saint Jerome Quotes
Saint Jerome wrote many letters and theological studies, along with his translation of the Bible. His quotes are often studied by seminarians, priests, and lay Catholics for enrichment of their lives and their faith.
- A friend is long sought, hardly found, and with difficulty kept.
- Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you.
Be ever engaged, so that whenever the devil calls he may find you occupied.
- Being over seventy is like being engaged in a war. All our friends are going or gone and we survive amongst the dead and the dying as on a battlefield.
- Love is not to be purchased, and affection has no price.
- Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
- Be ever engaged, so that whenever the devil calls he may find you occupied.
- Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Many of these quotes by Saint Jerome are repeated by people all over the world but they don’t know where they came from. These words of wisdom help Christians live the way of Christ in their daily lives. Wearing a Saint Jerome pendant reminds Christians to keep the faith of Jesus everywhere they go and in whatever they do.