The Catholic Four Way
The Catholic four way medal is in the form of a cross
which is the ultimate symbol of Christianity. The basis
of the Catholic faith is the belief in Jesus
Christ as the Redeemer, His death on the Cross,
and His Resurrection into Heaven. By Jesus' death on
the cross, He gave all believers the hope of eternal
salvation in unity with Him in Heaven.
The four way medal is actually four medals combined
onto one cross or the four oval medals are molded together.
Clockwise, from the top of the cross appear the Sacred
Heart of Jesus, the St.
Christopher medal, the Miraculous
Medal of Mary, and the Saint
Joseph medal. Most four way medals also have the
words, "I am Catholic, please call a priest"
on the back of the medal. In case of an emergency, the
person who sees this medal will call a priest so the
wearer can receive the sacraments.
Devotion to the Sacred Heart by Wearing
a Four Way Medal
Wearing a Four Way Medal with the representation of
the Sacred Heart of Jesus bestows upon the wearer the
blessing outlined by Jesus when he appeared to St.
Margaret Mary in 1863.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their
state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite
ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My
Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their
names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise
you that my all powerful love will grant to all those
who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for
nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance:
they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving
the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge
in that last hour.
Wearing the Catholic Four
Way Medal ensures a plenary indulgence, especially
if the devout attend Masses on the First Friday of every
month and receive Communion.
4 way medals
are available in both sterling silver and 14k
catholic four way medal has the message on the
back that reads " I am a Catholic, Please
call a priest."