Sunday, May 30, 2010
Types of 4 Way Medals
Four way medals usually depict the images of four different medals on the front. The most common are: the Sacred Heart, St. Christopher, the Miraculous Mary, and St. Joseph. The differences in four way medals are the styles, and the center image of the medals.
The Four Way Medal Styles
The Catholic four way medal combines the most popular of the four Catholic medals. It is a wonderful symbol of faith and devotion to the Lord.
- † U.S.A. Four Way Medal – This 4 way medal includes the four images listed above plus the words: air, land, sea, space, and USA are inscribed around the edge of the medal. The Sacred Heart of Jesus is in the center of the four way cross medal. This is a favorite for travelers and people in the military.
- † Four Way Scapular Medal – This 4 way medal depicts the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Blessed Mother Mary. It also includes the Lady of Mt. Carmel on the back which is one of the most popular scapular images. This four way medal is ideal for all Catholics.
- † Four Way Oval Medal – This 4 way medal is different from the cross medal. It is created by combining four oval medals molded together to form a four way medal. The traditional images are also depicted on this medal.
- † Four Way Medal with Shamrock – This 4 way medal is similar to the oval medal except it has a shamrock in the center of the joined medals. Many Irish Catholics wear this four way medal which is a sign of their faith and their heritage.
- † Gold Four Way Medal – The gold four way medal is available in all styles of the four way medals, as well as in sterling silver.
- † Confirmation Four Way Medal – This 4 way medal includes the traditional images plus the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove in the center of the cross. This four way medal is often given to young people as a Confirmation or First Communion gift.
Four Way Medal